RESPONSIBILITES OF FOREIGN TEACHERS WORKING IN Foreign Language Department of XI’AN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
1. To teach in accordance with teaching syllabus and teaching plan.
2. To fill out the teaching syllabus in the first week of a semester, key it into the university website in the second week, and give the Part-time Teaching Assistant an electronic copy (preferably by email).
3. To assign the students oral or written homework and keep a record of each student based on their attendance, participation of class activities and their homework.
4. To prepare the teaching plan in written form with teaching content, focal points and difficult points.
5. To design the examination papers in a standardized form three weeks in advance of the examination being taken, and give them to the Part-time Teaching Assistant to get them printed by the Examination Administration Center. (For each course two versions of the examination papers are supposed to be prepared).
Note: There are two kinds of examinations:
a. Subjects to be examined will be arranged by the Educational Administration Department to take place in the examination weeks including time, rooms and invigilators. The teacher of this course is not necessarily one of the invigilators. The examination papers will be handed in by the Part-time Teaching Assistant to the teacher to get them marked after the examination has been taken.
b. Subjects to be checked will be arranged by the teachers themselves to
take place one week earlier than the examination weeks. The teacher concerned is entitled to arrange the time and place (supposing the room will not be used then) for the examination. Foreign Language Department will arrange for more invigilators to help with the invigilation. (Please inform the Foreign Language Department of the time and place of the examination at least one week earlier).
6. To invigilate exams and fill in forms of Examination Room Record.
7. To mark the examination papers, key the students’ final scores to the University Website, keep the students’ scores in Students’ Achievement Report and give the Report to the Part-time Teaching Assistant who will send them to the Examination Administration Center three days after the examination or if late, no later than the termination of the term.
8. To pack the students’ examination papers up in the order of the students’ numbers and give them to the Part-time Teaching Assistant and keep them in Foreign Language Department. The following are also supposed to be prepared: a copy of the examination papers, a copy of keys to the examination papers, an Analysis Report of the examination papers and the results and an Examination Room Record.
9. To instruct English Corner once two weeks (English majors and non-English majors)
10. To take part in seminars held by the Foreign Language Department once two weeks (3:00 Wednesday afternoon).
11. To get into touch with the teaching assistant when coming across any problem related to teaching. The Foreign Language Department will help to solve the problems.
(April 5, 2006)